Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Not drinking from a cup. Rss

Hi there
For quite some time I have been trying to get my 12 month old to drink from a cup. She is being breast fed, although only twice a day. Everytime I try to get her to drink either water or milk she has a small sip or thinks it's a toy. The only way she will drink from a cup is if I actually hold it for her and give her small mouthfuls. But how do I get her to do this herself? If she was having more breast feeds to make up for it I wouldn't be so concerned but I don't think she is getting the fluids she needs. Other than this she seems very happy and content with the little amount that she does get. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Susan,NZ,3 yr old,1yr old littlies

hi there
I have the same prob with my 10 month old as soon as i let go of the cup she starts waving the cup around and its so annoying. I have no idea how to stop this but if u are concerned that she isnt getting the fluids she needs try giving her the yoplait baby yogurt in a cup i found that it wasnt as messy as milk or water. (if you cant get this yogurt find one that is relatviely runny) And the best thing is that its a good source of calcium for them.

Linda, NSW, mum of Olivia (b) 03.01.03

Hi linskeh
Thanks for the advice. It's nice to know I'm not the only one, especially since my first born took to a cup and a bottle straight away! she was also not as dependant on booby. Every baby is different. I give Loren yoghurt regularly anyway aswell as other dairy products and she just loves it, just to compensate for not drinking much milk. Until I think of anything better I've gone back to feeding her water or milk with a spoon.

Thanks again.

Susan,NZ,3 yr old,1yr old littlies

Sign in to follow this topic