Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

reactions to banana? Lock Rss

hi well i have recently started my lil boy(17wks) on solids and i have gave him a couple things with banana in them and it has totally not agreed with him at all after he had ate it(had no problem eating it) he just whinged and whined like he was full of wind for a couple hours afterwards it was like it had upset his tummy i remeber this same thing happening with my daughter when she was a baby has anyone else had this happen with banana? or anything else? do you know why it happens?

takecare Nat
Hi

It ahsn't happened to my boys but a friend from work hasn't been able to eat them since she was little. They finally figured out that it was the bananas that gace her shocking stomach pains. She loves them, but can't touch them at all!

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

hi nat,
i had the same problem a couple of months back with my daughter and posted a similar question.
i was advised to try the bananas with a bit of pear as they are very good for digestion and help ease wind.
that worked brilliantly for ella and she hasn't had trouble since.
good luck!

mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

Hi

If bananas are creating wind probs I would avoid giving them maybe for a couple of weeks and then try again.

Maybe your little one isn't ready for it yet.

I have heard of banana's doing that to some people, They can create a gas, I think it's the potassium in them or something like that.

Just about anything gives my kids probs as they are reflux babies.

Thanks
Tanya

Brissie SAHM to Jamie 2.5 years & Charlotte 1 year

hi thanx for your tips my son also has reflux do you know much about solids and reflux eg. what foods to avoid? i have only had problems with banana so far thanx again nat
Hi Nat

It's a lot of fun having a reflux baby isn't it ... avoid anything acidic, eg, oranges, pineapple, etc, anything that causes wind, eg peas, broccoli, onion, even corn.

Try making your own food, that way you can be sure what is being put in it, apple is another bad food and a lot of tin food has apple juice. You wouldn't think it but it is acidic and gets the stomach juices jumping in a bad way.

I'll go through my old books to see what info I can find for you.

My oldest was hospitalised with it, it got so bad, the doctors couldn't beleive that a breast fed baby could suffer so badly. He used to asperate on the reflux, his lungs were full of it, they initially thought he had pheumonia and were looking at us as if we were bad parents who were neglecting our baby.

I didn't sleep for the first 6 months of his life and if I did it was for an hour at a time. Most days I couldn't have a shower and when I did have one I would have to go to my mums for one as he wouldn't let anyone else hold him except my mum. Shame my little girl doesn't trust anyone else sad

If you want to contact me directly, feel free ([email protected]) We can swap info if you would like and i'll try to answer your questions.

Thanks
Tanya

Brissie SAHM to Jamie 2.5 years & Charlotte 1 year

Sign in to follow this topic