Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

HIGH CHAIR ADVICE WANTED Rss

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask everyones opinions on high chairs..what they have, how much and the good and bad things about them!

I never thought i would have to get a second one, but my daughter still lives in hers, and i can't imagine her giving it up too easily, especially to her brother! She has just a portable safety first one, which is great for her, but i feel my 6 month old son is going to need more support!

I have seen the Fisher-Price one, Healthy Care High chair, this looks good and is in my price range! They can be so expensive!

Thanks in advance,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe,
I have a steelcraft, reclining, hi-lo chair.It is very good but I do find he slips down because the straps dont go small enough. I got it from the Quokka 2nd hand. It was only used for 4 months, and in perfect condition. It was priced at $110 and we got it for $85 the trick is to look for the poshy suburbs! My friend has a wicked highchair that is really padded Im not sure what brand but it would be expensive I can ask her next time I see her which could be any day as she is over due with her 2nd!

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hey Tepe,
We bought a Chicco Mama brand. We bought it from target for about $200 (I think!). We bought that one basically because it rated the highest for safety in one of the Choice tests they did not so long ago. It is brilliant and I am so glad we bought that one. It has 3 positons for laying the seat back, you can alter the hieght of the seat, you can take the tray off one-handed, its easy to clean, it is very sturdy and has wheels to move around. It is a very good chair.

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Hi Tepe,
I have a great high chair for my son. It is by Baby Club at Target. It has two heights, and 3 seating positions. 1 is layback for young babies who can't sit up well yet, 2 is for those who can sit, but need to lay back just a little, and 3 is for those who sit up properly. I would be lost without mine. They range in price, depending on wether they are on special. The usual price is $149.00, but I got mine on special for $99.00. Good luck with your choice.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi Tepe,

I have the Fisher-Price chair you mention and it is does the job, the only thing i wish it had was wheels so when you need to move it around it didn't scrape along the floor and damage it.
this may be a factor you need to consider depending on the type of floor you have.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi Tepe,

I have a great high chair which I purchased from BabyCo for my first baby (now 3 1/2).

The brand is 'cam' and it's a 'Junior' style.

Mine is blue, and I found it to be really stable and easy to use and very easy to clean.

If I remember correctly, it was middle of the range price-wise.

They are indepensible don't you think ? My son loved his chair also.

I've seen some chairs now that recline, have detachable toy bars, and every kind of accessory ever designed - amazing. I would think that some would be too distracting from the job at hand - eating (sometimes a difficult job).

Kind regards,

Therese

Therese, BRISBANE, 3yr old boy 6 wk girl

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for everyones replys! This is just what i want to hear... still looking so far.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sign in to follow this topic