Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. solids - moving from 4 hourly feeds to breakfast lunch and dinner....

solids - moving from 4 hourly feeds to breakfast lunch and dinner.... Lock Rss

My little man loves his food and quite happily eats 3 meals a day. But, he still wants something every four hours during the day.

How do I progress him from 4 hourly feeds to a more grown up routine of breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My problem is reallyin the afternoon/evening when he's ready for a bottle at about 3.30 and dinner about 6.30 - any step by step instructions I can try would be much appreciated!

Beau (01/05) & Cheyan (09/08)

Hi,
I has a similar story with my son now 9 months. What you need to remember at this stage on solids a baby needs to fill up on solids and have the bottle as a top up or a drink. So don't count the bottle as a meal, count it as a thirst quencher/ drink. So try giving a meal at lunch and then after it a half bottle and maybe a snack at around 4 and then he should be ready for a meal between 6-7pm. This should get him into a routine expecting heavy meals 3 times a day.
But try to remember that even us adults have 3 meals a day a feel peckish in between feeds.

So good luck hope it helps.

Rania, NSW Mother of two boys

Sign in to follow this topic