Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. Please Help!!! Won't eat vegies, meat or fish!

Please Help!!! Won't eat vegies, meat or fish! Lock Rss

Hi, I really hope someone out there has some ideas as I'm going crazy. My 8mth started solids just after 4mths and everything was going good. Ceerals first, then vegies, then fruits. I thought this was better so as that he wouldn't get too much off a taste for the sweet stuff. He used to eat vegies, but then went off them about 6-8wks ago (if not longer - feels like years!!). He then cut his two bottom teeth so I've put it down to that. but he will not take them again now. I tried introducing meat (both red and chicken) just after 6mths but refused that also. I saw my chn last week and she was a bit concerned that he's not getting protein from anything. After some discussion we came to the conclusion that he prefers to fed himself (finger foods) as he loves toast, cruskits, rusks etc. So I have now tried fingers of steamed fish (just fell apart in his hands so he thought it would be fun to mush), fingers of steak (liked chewing on it, but once got a piece off couldn't break it down to swallow), steamed fingers of vegies (bit too soft so will try again tonight), and off course my cooking and tin food. WONT'T take a thing!!! Arrgghhh. I thought of making vegie fritters but the only recipe I have contains egg white so thats no good.
I swear if I gave him fruit, custard and cereal every feed he would be happy. I have tried mixing all these with veg also and then weaning out sweet stuff but NO doesn't work.
Please does someone have any ideas or recipes as every meal time is becoming so depressing and I almost end up in tears as a result. Hubby works long hours so I do all feeds myself and am getting very stressed over this. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
PS Sorry It's so long - had to get it all out!

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

how come he cant have egg white - sorry if i just read that wrong?

What about mixing silken tofu into anything he will eat?

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi bubbaboy..

Sorry I cant help cos Im in the exact same situation! Bella is 11 months old.
She will not eat anything but yogurt, cheese sticks puree pears, rice cereal, apple and fruit custards and arrowroot biscuits. Not much variety at all!!
Im really worried she isnt getting the stuff she needs. I have like you tried everything under the sun and have persisted for a long time with no luck.
So I will be keeping an eye out on this post for some ideas.
Sorry cant be of much help but your not alone!

Good luck!!

nsw...5 1/2 month old boy....4yr old girl

Sign in to follow this topic