Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Rusks Lock Rss

Can anybody tell me when it is ok to start letting bubbies have rusks? I have a 5 month old son who is not yet teething (but is close i think) and has only to date had rice cereal other than milk.
Cheers!

Kylie and Flynn 02.02.05

Hi Kylie

I am not a big fan of rusks myslef! so probably not the best one to be answering your question. Rusks are a combination of foodstuffs, as opposed to the single foods we are supposed to be introducing in the early months - you know, the 'one food at a time with 5-10 days in between each'. And they have been known to cause choking too. Sooo, my idea would be to wait until much, much later than 6 months.

Babies do like to chew on anything and everything around this age, but I think it probably safer to give 'chew-toys' instead, and save the food for when you give it from a spoon - so you know exactly what food they are getting when! and you can keep a close eye in case of choking too... but that is just my opinion on that one!
smile
Sign in to follow this topic