Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Packets and Jars??? Rss

Hi everyone,
Hope this doesnt sound stupid. Jackson is almost 11 months now and he is eating a variety of foods including family meals but, me and my hubby are always having chicken tonight or maggi packet meals and I always give Jackson a tin on those nights. I am wondering if they are okay to give him and if anyone else gives them to their older babies?? Im just a bit funny about giving them to him as I dont know what is inside them.
I would appreciate if anyone could give their opinion.

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Hi again Mishka,

i believe the packet stuff if higher in salt(sodium) and preservatives, so i personally would try to wait a bit longer before giving them to bubs or increase fluid intake if you go ahead with it. You could always get a book that decodes all the ingredients listed on the side of the packet/jars for you and then it will be easier to decide if its OK to give Jackson the same meal as you and hubby.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

I wouldn't give my baby the noodles as they do have a high sodium content which is to much for their kidneys. Just have a look at the ingredients label and nutrional panel. Make sure the sodium level is low and also sugar level. The salt level in most products is usually way to high for children 5 and under.

Tanya,QLD, 5yr, 3yr, 6mth

Thank-you Tania and Yonny. Im also assuming that everyone else agrees otherwise they would of sent a post. Well I think I will wait a bit longer before I offer those meals. Has anyone got any dinner ideas for an 11 month old that we can have also? I get so bored with the same old dishes.

Hi Michelle,
i use a book called "the complete baby and toddler meal planner" by Annabel Karmel. It has some great recipes that you would enjoy as well.
Also I tried the Chicken & Vegie blend recipe that is located in the recipe section of this website all I did was double the amount of chicken and rice, used 2 very large carrots and a bit extra green beans made sure it was covered by enough water and it looked just like a risotto before it was pureed for Madison. So i'm going to try this one on the family and remove Madison's portion before adding any seasoning for the rest of us.
Hope this helps.

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi Michelle, I bought the Womens Weekly Babies and Toddlers Good Food cook book a few days ago and it's fantastic. It has a variety of great recipes for different age groups aswell as family meals and how you can adapt them to your babies needs. It even has a section for party foods and birthday cakes (great for future reference). I bought it from the local newsagent for about $12.
Thanks everyone, I will check out the recipe section asap. Also I have borrowed the womens weekly cook book and it was excellent! But I cant find it anymore. I live in Perth has anyone seen it lately?

Sign in to follow this topic