Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Solids and General Feeding Issues
  5. My son has decided that he will drink formula forever!!!

My son has decided that he will drink formula forever!!! Lock Rss

My boy is 5 mths 3 weeks and over the past week or two I have started trying him on solids. My daughter is nearly 3 yr so it is a while since I have done this. He won't swallow anything. I have tried rice cereal, rice cereal with stewed apple, rice cereal with mashed banana, mashed banana by itself, mashed banana with avocado, avocado by itself. Everything I seem to try he spits out. He doesn't even try to swallow, he just starts blowing 'raspberries' every time I put food in his mouth. I have given him the same food a few days in a row and this doesn't seem to make any difference. I can understand that he isn't interested and only wants to drink from a bottle but he is almost 6 months old and needs to start having solids on a regular basis very soon. If he was only 4 months old then I wouldn't be worried, I'd leave it for a bit and try him later, but at 6 months he needs to have formula and solids regularly.

Any ideas????

Not having solids at 6 mths is fine. Its not until about 9 mths that they need the iron from solids foods. He is obviously not ready so dont force it you have months to try him again.

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

try veges 1st
mash them using water not milk
bayden wont eat sweet he loves vegies. i also tried mas with formula and ewwww...water with a tint bit of marg

mum to bayden 25/02/05

Sign in to follow this topic