Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

formula Lock Rss

hi guys,
well i have started giving kayden a bottle of formula at night, but i was reading the side of the tin the other day and he is supposed to be having 250mls. He is 6months, but for some reason he just wont drink it!
Does any one else have this problem... im not going to force him to drink it - if he doesnt want it im not giving it to him!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi Leia,
My son is 7 months & has never drunk the amount the tins say. He is meant to be drinking 250mls (he is on karicare) 4 times a day. I find that if I make up what the tin says I waste a lot as he never drinks the amnt the tin says.
I too was like you & wonder what I was doing wrong. My son is thriving. I find that he will drink a full 200mls 1st thing in the morning after his big sleep but b4 his breakfast & most of the day he drinks 150mls. He is on solids but even when he wasn't I found he would sometimes only drink 100mls. This may warrant me feeding more often but you can't force them to eat.
Every baby is different & I am no expert.
My son usually tells me if he is hungry by the way he cries. If your baby is content & gaining the necessary weight all should be fine, but if you are concerned ask your doctor or clinic nurse.

Cheers
Jos

NSW mum

Sign in to follow this topic