Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Whats going on? Lock Rss

My dh cant seem to settle the kids when they are upset, it gets tiring having to do it i get frustrated listening to a baby scream when i know that i can fix the problem so after about 10 mins i take over which i know he doesnt feel good about it and we always end up fighting because he doesnt try hard enough, i suggest walking around with them or patting there bum or different things but half the time he just says there name and tries to force the dummy in his mouth.
I have told him several times how to settle but he cant do it!
Am i being too harsh?
Does anyone have anytips for how to go about things?
Thanks.

Mum to Taniesha & Braydon born on the 8th June 05

I don't think you're being too harsh, after all you spend more time caring for them than dh does so you've come to learn what works and what doesn't. He might need it explained "gently" (u know, delicate male egos) that you've found "this" is what works and beg him to try it for himself. Especially with 2 babies, it'd be great if he can learn the settling routine himself, for both his sake and yours.
Good Luck

Dizie, 2 girls, 2002 & 2003

My partner is the same, he cant settle our bub, shes 7 months now and he's still trying. If she is crying as soon as i put me hands on her she starts to settle, 1-2 mins later shes laughing in my arms, or sleeping if tired. I dont understand either, I told him how to settle her and what she likes.
Sign in to follow this topic