Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. First word especially for dad !

First word especially for dad ! Rss

My DD has been saying Dada / Daddy for about a week now. The husband is totally excited as that is all he wanted for Christmas (how cute). I'm busily practicing 'mum mum mum' now although use her new word to my advantage. We have a good giggle when I ask DD 'Who do you want to change that nasty nappy' and she of course goes 'dadadadad'. Ha ha ha. Did most of your bubas say 'Dada' first? How long was it till they started to say 'muma'?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

My son also said dada first when he was about 7 months me is now 8 months and still only says dada, im working on mum sometimes it sounds like mum but then he doesnt say it again. When my son wakes up in the morning he lays in his cot and yells da da da da da and bangs his hand on the matress until da da comes.

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

Hey Kazi,

My little Jess said Mum mum mum this last week i was so excited as she said me first and her dad is the one who stays at home and looks after her all day!! So i was over the moon as for dad he was a little upset as he thinks cause he does most of the work he should have been acknowledged!! hahahahaha All i did was laugh at him and said it would not be long so now all that comes out of his mouth is dadadadad!! lol
I hope Mummummum is not to far away for you!

Jodie Gold Coast - Jessica born May 2005

my little man said mumma first, at around 7months then came out with dadda properly for christmas at 11months, he was saying it before but not like he did at christmas. in the last 2 weeks he started saying duck, dog, and ta he has picked up words and knows what they mean but doesnt know to say them, like "clap" "shake" "wheres dog" "daddys home" "drink" "dinner time" "splash" "come here" "no" "stop" "dont" its all so cute now that he knows what we are talking about. They start to pick things up very quickly and it happens all at once as soon as it starts happening! IT really is great!

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic