Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Why does he always tell me to feed her?

Why does he always tell me to feed her? Lock Rss

I've got a 3 month old daughter and I'm still breastfeeding. Every time she cries my partner always says "She must be hungry, feed her!" When I say she's not due for a feed yet he tells me that she's sucking on his/her own fingers. Well, of course she's going to suck on something you put in her mouth! I'm fed up with it. I don't think he realises that babies cry for many reasons and he doesn't have the patience to put up with her cries. Anyone in the same boat?

Sam and Hayley and bub

Hi there

My partner used to be the same. I remember when bubs was about 2 months old, I had just finished feeding him when my partner came home from work. Bubs was crying so my partner said "are you going to feed him or just let him cry?" I said, "i've just fed him, obviously that isnt the problem." About 3 days after that he had to go away for work for 8 weeks. Since coming home he doesnt say things like that anymore because he knows I have spent so much time with bubs.

I have a friend that had a 3 month old and everytime he crys she shoves a bottle in his mouth, he has about 10 bottles a day! He is a month younger than my son and weighs 1.5kgs more!

He needs to realise that at this age, everything goes in babies mouth. Maybe you could try feeding her infront of him, then giving her a toy & he will see it goes straight into her mouth.
Hi sam I think all father's a like that cause my partner does that with me and it annoys me sometime and especailly when he has seem me feed her but I think sometimes man think that only women should be doing everything for our babys.

Has your daughter started teething yet cause that might be why she is sucking her fingers or it should be a new thing that she has discovered.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic