Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Having a really bad day....

Having a really bad day.... Lock Rss

Hey everyone,
Has anyone else had one of those days where you just feel like running away from everything?
Well, today is that day for me. Worst thing is it has nothing to do with my DD (she's an absolute angel...most of the time).

I've got one of those partners who basically doesn't help out with any of the housework, doesn't do anything unless I ask him dozens of times, and only likes to play with bub when she's happy. As soon as she's crying for more than 5 minutes, he passes her back to me. Also, if we're both home and she starts crying I think he has it in his head that I'll always get her, so he just keeps on doing whatever he's doing and doesn't move!!

I feel like I'm angry with him ALL of the time, cause everything he does annoys the sh** out of me! I know it's just stupid things, like not shutting cupboards when he's finished, or leaving lights on in rooms he's not in or leaving dirty clothes lying around. I don't want to whinge and nag at him all the time, but I just can't help it. On top of that everytime we get together with people I constantly feel like he puts me down and makes jokes about me. I know he's just trying to be funny (always was the class clown) and he usually does get a laugh out of it, but does it always have to be at my expense? It just upsets me sometimes.

On top of that he makes me feel like the pregnancy was my fault and that now we have a baby he can't do the things he wanted to do (like by a trendy new car, play golf all the time). I mean, he knew I wasn't on the pill anymore, and he would constantly ask me. I was always honest, said no, I'd stopped taking it, and asked him if he wanted me to go back on it, to which he always said no! But then he makes me feel like it was my fault, cause I was the one who'd stopped taking the pill!!!

Is it just me? Is it just hormones? I can't talk to him cause frankly, I'd get more conversation from a brick wall. Every time I try to talk to him and tell him how I'm feeling he gets all defensive and acts like it's my fault I got upset over something he said.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm so sick of feeling like this. I mean, I know I love him, and I could never leave him, but how am I supposed to live like this for the rest of my life?

Sam and Hayley and bub

Hi hayleys mum

Has your partner always been like this even before you were pregnant? no one should ever put you down especailly your partner and the father of your daughter and he isnt in school anymore and its time for him to grow up and its not your fault that you fell pregnant and if he didnt want a child he should of put a comdon on first and I was on the pill when I fell pregnant with my daughter and I was SHOCK when I found out and your partner should greatful that he has you and your daughter in his life.

My partner is a sweet heart but I still have to pick things up when he has finish with things and its just a male thing to let things around the house. And its not your hormones at all and yes I have had them days when I could just leave and not came back for a couple of days but I get over it.

Hayleys mum I think you have to work out what you want in your life and how you want to be treated and especailly your daughter, and LOVE doesnt fix everything. If you dont know me asking how old were you both when your little girl was born?

If you ever want a chat or just to let steam of this is my email address:

[email protected]

Keep strong girlfriend and chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic