Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. weird question curious on answer

weird question curious on answer Lock Rss

Hey girls this is weird but curiosity has got the better of me does anyone kno roughly how much a placenta weighs ??? Coz im 31 weeks and have only put on 7 kgs and im just hoping my son is still putting on weight I havnt put any weight on apart from my belly so im lucky just very curious tnk u
I can't answer your question completely but I loose weight when pregnant - I'm overweight and develop gestational diabetes in pregnancy so am a lot more careful about how much I eat to keep sugar levels under control etc. With my first I was weighed 2 days before I had her and weighed myself again when leaving hospital, she was 3.66kg at birth and I was an extra 10kg lighter than I'd been just before delivery. With my 2nd and my 3rd I dropped about 5kg with the birth and they were 3kg/3.3kg at birth. I don't know if that fully helps with your question because I don't know how much of the extra 6.5kg with DD1 or 2kg with DS and DD2 was from the placenta directly and how much was fluid etc but it might help a bit.

Leisa.
Oh awesome that is very helpful tnk u Im lucky enough that I dont have diabetes and every midwife app they dont seem concerned with the sml amount of weight iv put on I was just hopin he was growing ok iv been eating plenty and quiet healthy to tnk u so much for ur reply I appriciate it
I put on 10 kg with the first and she came out a healthy 8pound 3. With the second I put on 8kg in total and he came out at an even bigger 8pound 13. Currently have put on 6kg with this pregnancy and have 3 weeks to go but the midwife is thinking round the same weight as usual. Babies tend to absorb what they need and leave you with the scraps hehe...
Oh wow u didnt put on much weight either hehe there cheeky leaving us with the scraps smile not long for u to go now how exciting
my first time i went from 50 to 98kg, post baby i was 65 then after loosing baby flab iv never gone below 55kg, this pregnancy i started at 60kg, and am already sitting at about 68-70

I only put on about 7 kgs in my pregnancy, and my boy was a healthy 6 1/2 pounds. Don't worry to much about your weight. As long as your ob/doctor is happy with the scans then you are ok.
Tnx so much girls xx
I put on about 6kg with two of my children and they weighed 6lbs 9oz and the other 6lbs 15oz. This time I put on about 10kg and she was early weighing 5lbs 10oz, I still have 5kg to get rid of.
That sounds ok at 31 weeks. From now on yiu gain weight faster, so roughly 500g a week now which means by 40 weeks you'd gain about 12 kg which is perfect! I gained 11 kg total but dd was born at 36+4. I then lkst 9kg the week of her birth and was back to pre baby weight in 2-3 weeks. My ob said this was good. I did eat heaps too but I think if you gain a good amount of weight and stay fairly active your body goes back to normal pretty quickly. Sometimes its just lucky genes too!

With dd1 and dd2 I put on 7kg and 7 1/2kg and with dd3 I put on 2kg. My starting weights all differed but I never weighed more than 70kg when I went into labour.
Dd1 was 16 days early and 2.55kg (5lb 10oz), dd2 was a day late and 3.29kg (7lb 4oz) and dd3 was 19 days early and 2.92kg (6lb 7oz).
Sign in to follow this topic