Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Looking for a car seat group 1

Looking for a car seat group 1 Lock Rss

Hi, looking for some advice on which car seat to get my daughter, she is getting big now for the maxi cosi we have and i have been reading that we should be getting rear facing car seat at least till she is 18kg. I´m still a bit torn as to whether i should get one or stick with the front facing one. Thought i would ask if anyone has experience with this and could suggest how they managed it if their child got anxious with them being more alert now. Also if there is a particular car seat you have used and how its worked out for you. Thanks smile
Mohammedsatiago85 wrote:
Hi, looking for some advice on which car seat to get my daughter, she is getting big now for the maxi cosi we have and i have been reading that we should be getting rear facing car seat at least till she is 18kg. I´m still a bit torn as to whether i should get one or stick with the front facing one. Thought i would ask if anyone has experience with this and could suggest how they managed it if their child got anxious with them being more alert now. Also if there is a particular car seat you have used and how its worked out for you. Thanks smile

Hi I was hoping to get some advice on whether this car seat is a good one to buy?
http://www.prams.net/britax-max-fix-2-ii-car-seat

I like to get some advice before I make large purchases. My wife likes it, I'm just a little sceptical because I havent heard of Britax before. Please could anyone just give me a little advice so I can feel a bit more comfortable. Does it also meet requirments? Really appreciate any advice.
Britax is a good brand. I haven't seen that seat before but the brand is well known.

I personally wouldn't buy something as important as a car seat off a random internet site like the one you've linked as there's companies trying to sell dodgy rip offs which aren't the made by the real brand and you can't trust them for safety. I would only buy from a store you can physically walk into (even if you get it online). The website you linked isn't somewhere I'd buy from.

Not sure where you live but assuming it's Australia as this is an Australian website. If you go into any store selling car seats they have to meet the safety requirements so I'd just go into shop and choose one. They'll all be fine so just pick one that fits your car and is the right weight/size for your child.
Thanks Makulu. Thank you for your advice, i came across that on a friends facebook. I will definately look into buying direct from the brand. I think i was just being a bit too indecisive. Thanks for your reassurance! it definately helped!
Britax sears are a good brand. You are best to get a seat that rf to at least 2 years of age as this is far safer for your child. The infrasecure range are good too.
Sign in to follow this topic