I’m 21 currently 42 weeks overdue pregnant. My baby is healthy and fine he just doesn’t want to come out. This has put a huge stress in me as I’m worried for the baby’s safety. During my entire pregnancy my partners mother and sisters have abused me with messages about being immature for having a baby and being rude to their mother who told me to “reconsider the baby” that I’m not the mother of my child that she is. My partner has been by my side the entire time hasn’t stood up for me with his family, but I can understand that it is hard for people to stick up to family. However we argued couples argue right. On the day of my due date his family had a special outing and I told him to go, not wanting to be know as “the girl stealing their brother away”. I wanted him to still make time for family.

Some arguments we had prior to where I am now, was to do with his sisters saying nasty things to me, his mother becoming upset with me when I told her I didn’t like the way she told me the baby is hers not mine. Arguments would be about me telling my partner he doesn’t support me he doesn’t care he doesn’t stick up for me with his family. I’ve let him do whatever he wants. He loves car events and I told him to still go but don’t go above our budget of $200 as we are saving for our house. I never stop him from going out or doing what he loves. I don’t ask him for money and expensive things. All I asked for him was to love me, Procter me, care about me, and be there to support and be there for me. Just like any couples Willis. That day he didn’t call or message me to see how I was going or if I went into labour. That night I got mad at him and told him he doesn’t care about me and he told me the truth that he loves me and the baby but can’t commit to us. The entire week he’s been leaving and coming back saying he can’t handle ring a dad and he’s scared. I reassured him that I’m scared and we can do this together there’s classes and books and I would help him. My family also asked him if he wanted their help all to make sure he’s ok and not scared. He told me that he can’t do that and so I was heartbroken and told him if he doesn’t want to stay and can’t guarantee that he won’t leave us when the baby is here he can go. So he did. On Thursday he came round with his friend and I thought maybe he wants to try and not give up but he just said everything is my fault I’ve confused him by saying go and saying to stay in our baby’s life. He told me he’s here for his stuff and I had a breakdown. As I was having this breakdown he walked past me while I was on the floor crying hysterically loke I was nothing. Luckily my mum was walking near by and came and helped me. Undoruneltt during that breakdown I had to be rushed to Hopsital and the paramedics came and my partner didn’t talked to them didn’t look at me he just kept getting his stuff. Even when I drove away in the van he never once looked back. Luckily the baby was fine and after he tried to contact me. Friday and Saturday came and I had more breakdowns and my mum said that’s it’s ok. I can do this alone. My partner decided to come and see me and say he loves me and the baby but needs time to adjust to the change. When I asked him why he didn’t care when I had a breakdown or come with me to the hospital he said that I told him to leave so he didn’t help. He also said “it wasn’t necessary for you to go in the ambulance” when. I said to him do you think I put that on for show he said” I never said that”. When I tried explaining to him how I feel he told me that he’s more concerned with me talking to his family rather than fixing our relationship. So I just felt numb and realised that I’m giving help to someone who clearly doesn’t want help. He then told me he wants to be there for the birth of his son and maybe a week after to see if he wants this. All I said was I’ll give you the time and asked him to leave. After saying that he switched and said “99% I’ll be there for you 1% I will leave”, “I’m going to be there after I just want it slow”. I just nodded and tried to leave that’s when he said can I hug you can I kiss you joking around like my feelings were nothing but a joke.

The reason why I am writing this is because I believe that if people do deserve another chance they need to prove it. Form my partners behaviour he doesn’t deserve that at all. I know in my heart he won’t change at all and the way he treated me is going to take time to heal. I was willing to forgive and I have, but I know deep down he won’t change and that he will leave us. I would like to know if anyone else has been in this situation and can offer some advice to me and just be honest if I’m the one who is at fault.