Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Dad works night shift, Routine what routine!!!!

Dad works night shift, Routine what routine!!!! Lock Rss

It is a great place and I love the cold winters!! I have friends that live in Springwood!! I was reading your previous input about cars!! We are wanting to buy a wagon now!! We currently have a falcon sedan and we will eventually try to sell it so we can get a wagon! They are that crash hot but we need the room as there is not too much room left after haveing a booster seat and a baby seat with a pram in the back, and on top of that groceries on days I do the shopping!! I much prefer the sedan we have but we need more room!! I have a cousin who drives one of those really tiny Daewoos and she has 4 kids, she always says she needs a bigger car...I think she's right!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Janeen
I suffer from a shift work husband too and of the same occupation.
I feel for you.
I have to do things like -
Have to plan a day in advance when I am going to have a shower (for the next day) around my husbands shifts.
I can have dinner at 4pm or 9pm or 6pm or 5 pm or 8 pm.
A shift worker in the house throws the routine out and kids need routine.

I get really angry when he wakes the kids up at 5am when he is getting ready for work.

P.S. My favourite boys name is Caleb but my husband wouldn't let me have it.

mum of 3

hi calebs mum
i hear you that is my routine too
soo dont feel that you are alone although the reason i havent gone back to full time work is cos i cant find a day care
please look up my forum coping with a baby and a shiftworking partner
its in looking after yourself
please join i would like to chat

DD may 03, DS oct 06

that was a reply to your first post
just curious who does your husband work? is it vip or masterfoods?

DD may 03, DS oct 06

hi calebs mum
i am in a similar boat to you . and all i can say is at the end of the day the mum is usually the main care taker of the bub, so therefore you have to do what suits you. and for goodness sake give yourself a minimum of 2hrs a week to urself. i do and in those 2 hrs sometimes i just lay on the lounge and watch tv. the washing up can always wait. so in actual fact you are working 2 jobs. its just u only get paid for one of them. you should write down on paper the total hrs you work. u dont want to run yourself into the ground

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

hey my names leah and my baby girl is 5 1/2mths now and her daddy works shift work too. i found it hard when i was pregnent and now its not only hard on me but also hard on zoe. hes hours are all over the place and there has been days where zoe hasnt even seen her daddy. its hard but i know thats just how things are and probably always will be. zoe and her dad spend time together when he is home and she is awake. she doesnt want me then!!!!!

Leah and Zoe (2.10.2003)

Hi zoes mum. theres a website you can look at if u r interested.its
www.dadsanddaughters.com

its about quality time and things dads can do when they dont see their kids as much as they would like.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic