Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Your choice breast or bottle

Your choice breast or bottle Lock Rss

After having my first son I obviously tried breast feeding,I stayed in hospital for 8 days trying.My son was dehydrated & losing weight.I finally decided to put him on the bottle (Karicare Gold).... (lots of tears & guilt). But have never looked back.

When I made this decision all the nurses where very supportive & said they were going to recomend this (I just wish they had of).

My second son was breast & bottle fed for 4months.

My third son was both for a week but prefered the bottle.

I have extremely healthy & happy sons.

Jodie,7yo,Nearly 6yo,2yo boys & OMG a baby girl

Well done mum, I think the right choice is the one you feel is the best.

My first son loved the breast and I had to pry him of at 13mths, my second did a bit of taste testing but moved onto the bottle after 2months. Each child and mother are different, you just need to know what works best for both of you.

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

I formula fed my first 2. I could only b/f them for the first few weeks.

This time with my 3rd I have been able to fully b/f till 5mths but now give her a formula bottle a couple of times a day to help her put on weight and sleep better.

I think I did well to make it to 5mths after to failed first 2 times!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I was determined to breastfeed my first, then she was born with a partial tongue tie and wouldn't attach properly. So with bleeding nipples i gradually fed less and less, spent hours comp feeding and expressing until about 8 weeks when i just went stuff this, this is ridiculous! And she was fully bottlefed from then on.
Next i had twins, also wanted to fully breastfeed them (ambitious, i know). I did for 2 weeks, they were both snackers and lazy feeders and i couldn't twin feed, i had to do them one at a time. Spent all day and night on the couch feeding and was horribly sleep deprived. So they were weaned over the next 2 weeks, and i felt fantastic! Much easier decision to make when you have a happy healthy bottlefed toddler.
I'm pregnant now, will probably try breast again. I think breastfeeding is great, but if it is stressful and not enjoyable there is another option.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

Hi

I B/feed DD1 till she was 12 months old. DD2 was B/feed exclusively till 4mths, now she also has a comp bottle of formula at night. I agree with all the posters who say that so long as baby is happy & healthy and mum is too, that's the main thing. But I also think that there should be more 'positive' and realistic support for women who want to breastfeed and are having difficulties because it seems from the posts that there are a lot of mums who feel bad they couldn't breastfed. One midwife told me that although we think it should be natural and easy, breastfeeding actually is a skill that needs to be learnt and like all skills we're not all going to be experts overnight.

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic