Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. heating up water for formula when out and about

heating up water for formula when out and about Lock Rss

Hello everyone

Of late it seems when i go and ask at a cafe to heat up the water for my little girls formula they say they are not allowed to and I have to stand there for ages with a bucket of boiling water which takes so long to heat up the water

sometimes I am near a baby change room and i can use the microwave in there but often I am not near one

just wondering if this has happened to other people

thanks

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

I boil water and then put it in a thermos when we go out. The only problem is that we have to wait for it to cool down! We did this when we went to the show and 9 hours later (yes, 9 hours) the water was still burning so I had to listen to DD moan and groan cause she really really wanted the bottle and it was too hot!

hi,
I experienced the same problem when i first had my daughter until i finally thought of a thermos which i fill with hot water and i have her bottle that is filled with cold, i then empty some water from the bottle and top it up with the hot water, that way you dont have to wait for the bottle to heat or cool, i brought the thermos from kmart for around $8.00.
Regards,
maddismummy.
Sign in to follow this topic