Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Do you think it's the formula?

Do you think it's the formula? Lock Rss

After many tears I made the decision to start my 4mth old daughter on formula. I gave her a bottle before bed last night. When she had had enough (about 140ml) I sat her up and burped her. She gave a nice little burp and then suddenly the flood gates opened and I wore what seemed to be all that she'd just drunk. I thought it might be that the teat that I was using was too fast for her so this morning I tried again using a slower teat...and the same thing happened! She seems quite happy afterwards though. I'm using S26 formula - just the normal one. I'm not sure if it is just this formula or if it can happen with others too. Any suggestions??

RK (28), WA, girl 22/5/05, boy 11/5/07

i had the same problem with my son using s26 i changed to heinz formula and havent had any problems since. i would suggest trying anouther formula, i hope this helps.

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

It can take a few feeds for bubs tummy to get used to the formula as it isn't as easily digested as breast milk.

I use Karicare Gold as I found it doesn't cause constipation as much as S-26 did in all my 3.

All the best to you!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic