Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Is Samantha drinking too much?????

Is Samantha drinking too much????? Lock Rss

Hi guys
Samantha is nearly 8 mths old and this is her normal feeding routine:
-7am breastfeed
-8ish breakfast cereal
-10am breastfeed again
-1pm breastfeed and then lunch
-4pm breastfeed again!!!
-5:30ish tea
-8pm formula 200mls
-1am formula 200mls (doesnt settle until she gets it)

I don't know if this is too much for her but she doesn't seem to breastfeed for long so i thought maybe this is why she breastfeeds so often. She will only stay on breast and feed for about 3-4 minutes. Has anyone got any advice that they can give me?

christina - 3 darling children

hi christina!
woah she eats alot! as long as she is healthy htough right? but as u saidshe only feeds for 3-4 mins, i wonder if she is happy ahveing it on tao whenever she wants. When ash was 8 months old, karitane told me he should be havomg 3 bottles, and maybe one thru the night. So i was to change form
7 am wake/bottle
10am bottle, bed
12 lunch
1:30 bottle.bed
6dinner,
7 bottle and bed
12 bottle
4am bottle

She told me to do
7 am wake/bottle
10 am sleep ( no bottle) ( this wa sahrda for a few days)
11:30 wake or close to it, Bottle
1:30 ( or an hour opr so after the bottle) Lunch
2-2:30 sleep ( again no bottle0
snack when he wakes up
5:30 early dinner
6:45 bottle
7 bed.
and one bottle at midnight if he still wanted it.
It took bout 3 days and getting use to no bottle nbefore sleep was hard but it worked. I now had to do it again as he is 14 months and has lunch before a sleep and a bottle when he wakes up.
but if thats not enough for ur bub give her more milk, though the nurtse said to me she though ash wasnt drinking his whole bottles and having little feeds often cause he knew when he was hungry i would offer it which is what it sounds like ur daughteris doing.
anyway thats just my input..
goodluck!
Kirsty

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Well my 7month old is only on 2 solids a day around 8:30 and again at around 4 and seems to breast feed all day but she sleeps whenever (shes very flexible) so we just go with the flow, since she is teething she has been waking in the night once or sometimes twice.

I think she is a snacker but its good cos she is very portable and can work around my toddlers activities and she has learnt to sleep anywhere and is very sociable, also she is crawling so that probally makes her hungry too.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Sign in to follow this topic