Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Switching to Stage 2 of Formula

Switching to Stage 2 of Formula Lock Rss

Hi All,

My daughter is nearly 6 months old and is currently on S26Gold 4 times a day including 2 solids during the day. She is currently on the Step 1 formula and then at 6 months the tin recommends to go to Step 2. One of the mums at my mothers group said she swapped over and her little boy won't drink and then if he does he has the runs. I thought the Step 2 stuff was to introduce them to cow's milk. Is this safe? Has anyone else switched over? Were there any side effects? What age did you swap?

April, NSW, 1 little girl & 1 little boy

Hi april lee
My son is on s26gold when he was 6 months i just changed over the step 2. I had no problems at all. Now he has just turned 1 today i am goingt o change him to the toddler one see how he goes on that..
Shell

Shell,

I just left mine on the starter, i use Nurture, the midwives told me there's no benefit it's just a choice thing. My oldest still has a bottle of starter before bed, and shes 20 months! I did try a tin of follow on, but the scoops were sneakily bigger and i went through the tin in no time. I don't think it really matters, my oldest was only on one bottle a day by twelve months anyway, it's more the food you give them now.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

I would suggest that you try the step 2 formula see how it goes with bub and if it is all good keep bub on the step 2 as it does of course have the increased iron compared to the starter formula but if step 2 does not agree with bub go back to step 1 it wont do any harm especially considering that bub is almost 6 months and at 6 months you should be giving rice cereal which is iron fortified anyway.

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Sign in to follow this topic