Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Bottle Refusal Lock Rss

My bub is 6mths old next week and is exclusively breastfed.

Last night we went out to see a play and mum babysat bub and our 5yo. We had to come home following a phone call from mum with bubs screeming in the baackground. She was refusing to have anyting to do with the bottle (breastmilk not formula!). She had a breatsfeed and was asleep in 5 mins and then slept thru the night as normal.

We have tried three different teats and a sipper spout and a cup!! I am so frustrated. Hubby and I both suffer from PND and we need some time out!!!

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can encourage my little bub to settle when with her nanna? Any tips on encouraging bottle use?

Whataheart - Girls16/1/00, 28/4/05 & 04/09/08

I too have the same problem my bub refuses the bottle and still does, perhaps you could as I noticed she is nearly 6 months let nanna give her solids when you are out. We have had some luck giving our bub water out of cup lately when he is having solids, so perhaps that might work for your little one?

Amanda and Oscar (22 Feb 05)

Yes I also am experiencing the frustration which is bottle refusal!! My boy is 4.5 mths and I have been trying for about 3 weeks off and on with no luck. The CYH nurse said that for a BF baby that the teat is so different and some babes have a lot of difficulty with the action - she said just plain old perseverence and making sure they are really hungry - I guess as your babe is 6 mths the suggestion of solids may help...

There are so many different bottles and cups out there and it is still hard (and expensive!) to fine one - I had no trouble with my girl (now 5) taking the bottle so this is new to me and very frustrating.

I would also just love some time out with my hubby but until a bottle/cup is taken by the boy I cat see it happening just yet........

Good luck

SA mum, Lis 17/6/00 and Harry 19/6/05

Sign in to follow this topic