Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Breastfeeding Lock Rss

I'm expecting my third child in a matter of weeks. I didn't breastfeed my first, and only breastfeed my second for around 3 months as she just wasn't being satisfied. My question is ... I've heard you can freeze your breastmilk ... if this is true, how do you do it (obviously you put it in the freezer - but in what? Ice cube trays? Or is there something specific??). Also, how long can you keep the frozen milk before it needs to be thrown away?
HI Ataahua
You can purchase special bags to freeze breast milk in. I used to just freeze it in the bottle with a closed lid (not the teat), I wasn't freezing it or expressing often. It can stay frozen for about 2 weeks before you need to use it or toss it out, you can keep it in a deep freeze for three months though. I don't know about putting it in ice-cube trays, guess they'd need good lids at least.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

I just put it in a clean/sterilized freezer proof container and wrote the date on it, this is what I was told to do at the hospital when my first baby was born as she had trouble breastfeeding.
Good on you for expressing, hope it all goes well for you.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

hi just wanted to let you know that if you buy an avent breast pump, which l find excellent, there is also a viva range of re usable storage containers that are fully adaptable with the pump. good luck
Sign in to follow this topic