Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. I dont know if hes having enough milk

I dont know if hes having enough milk Lock Rss

Hi all,
My bubba who is 5 1/2 months is having four B/F a day but he doesnt seem to be drinking that much(10 mins). He is already on solids and he loves drinking water from a cup. I have been feeding him at about 6am then breaky at 7 with water he will then sleep for 2-3 hrs and then wake with another feed. At around 12-1 I will give him a small lunch and then play and sleep for another 2-3 hrs then he will wake and I will feed him again, this is about 3 oclock. He then has another feed before bed and dinner at about 5-5.30. Each breast feed he has he looks around plays with my boobs, watches Tv or looks at other people . I also give him water between feeds because it is already so hot up here and he loves it and wants to drink more and more. Am I giving him to much food and water and he is not hungry for the milk or is it all in my head? Would love some advice? Also he wakes up between 3-4am for another quick feed to get him thru till 6. Then his morning feed is really not that big. AARRHHH how frustrating

Siane Brisbane lil boy born 14/05/2005

Hi
I know b/f babies usually don't need any water, I but would probably want more b/f despite the water anyway.
Its the worst thing about b/f is not knowing if bubs is getting enough, they do get more efficient at feeding as they get older.
I did find that Bradyn went through a stage (at around 6-7 months) when he started waking every hour or two, for a feed when usually it was only once a night. I increased the solids I was giving him during the day and he stopped waking so frequently. I think if your boy wasn't getting enough during the day he would start waking more during the night to top up.
Don't worry if he is happy, he will let you know if he is hungry.

Jeninne, WA, Bradyn 24/11/04, #2 Ryan 01/12/06

Sign in to follow this topic