Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. How do I wean my 1 year old from bottle to sippy cup?

How do I wean my 1 year old from bottle to sippy cup? Lock Rss

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on how I can wean my 1 year old from the bottle? I'd rather he drinks his milk from a sippy cup than a bottle now.

Do you think this is too early? Or am I behind the times?

Thanks...

Elle, DS: Kai 20/11/04 & DS: Jamie 13/02/07

Hi, i found my daughter didn't take to non-spill sipper cups, i tried the ones i got her and they're quite difficult to drink from. I buy her these cups from safeway and coles, they're called dinkee drinkee and they're a plastic cup with colourful lid and a straw or spout. Not non-spill but the straw ones are pretty good, and only about $2 each. By one she was having everything from these, and one bottle before bedtime, but i started offering them to her from about 8 months, and she gradually swapped over herself.
Hope this helps, it's great to have a break from washing bottles!

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, [email protected]/4/06

Hi just wondering what your lil boy drinks water from?

my friend has a 6 mth old and has been feeding her water from a sippy cup for 1 mth now, and she seems to be good at drinking from it.

I thought maybe if you gave him water and whatever fluids you give him in a sippy cup, and gradually start giving him milk in it, he may do ok with the change.
Just a thought smile
Sign in to follow this topic