Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. wont drink water any suggestions

wont drink water any suggestions Lock Rss

hi just wondering i have a 11month old he has never been much of a water drinker he will drink about 10ml then shakes his head and wont open his mouth also tried several different juice and will not take it any body out there have any ideas ....he will not hold his bottle i put his hands up and as soon as i let go he will ,he wont keep them there have tried sipper cups and he like to throw it all in the air ,its so hot and he needs to drink more hope you can help ...thanks

fiona,

Does he like washers??? Try letiing him play with a wet washer, if youw ant to sterilise put it in hot water and then let it cool down, Mitvh never drank water, i use to drop it in his mouth as a baby, he as only just in the last 2 months or so started drinking it without me having to do it for him, i just left the sipper/bottle of water on the floor where he plays and he started to pick it up and drink from it, now he drinks a fair bit during the day, but ultimately loves his milk still!
I have donethe washer thing a few times, they don't get too much from it but it's better than nothing if nothing else works, i luckily haven't had to do it lately. When it gets hotter all the time,bubs may take to it more, Mitch is now 15 months old and as i said it only about the lat 2 months he will actually drink it!!!
Good luck!!!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic