Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Water & Formula Lock Rss

I fully breastfed Brayden till he was 6 months old. He is now 7 and a half months old and has been weaned fully onto the bottle (formula). When I was breastfeeding, I was always told he was getting water from my breast milk so there was no need to give him water. Now that he is on formula, I worry about his lack of interest in water. We have tried giving him diluted juice but he doesn't want that either. I have always been wary of constipation and also dehydration for the warm weather. His nappies are wet and he does poos everyday. He seems to be going ok with formula and 3 solids meal a day. Should I be persistent in giving him water?

Hi Brayden's mum
My bub is similar in age as yours and he also is now a bottle baby with 3 meals. I give my son a little bit of water after his vegies as he seems to be thirsty then and if it is a really hot day I also make a point of just having it around us all the time and offering it to him every time I have some water myself and he now quite happily will drink it.
At first he wasnt so interested but he likes playing with his water sippy cup so I let him play with it and then when he puts the bit in his mouth he gets the water. I wouldnt worry too much but you might find that like most things with a little persistance all of a sudden he will think that water is the bee's knees and wont be able to get enough.
Good luck

Mummy to Joe and Maggie

Sign in to follow this topic