Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Breastfeeding Myths and dealing with unwanted advice

Breastfeeding Myths and dealing with unwanted advice Lock Rss

Just bumping so I can read this closer towards having this bub smile Remember reading it ages ago and enjoyed reading it

Nice to see this bumped again. smile] I think it is a valuable thing to read and goes to show the quite 'normal' things that people misunderstand about bf and how it works and who is, or isn't, 'capable' of doing it.

Posted by: C_hippie_kiwi
Nice to see this bumped again. smile] I think it is a valuable thing to read and goes to show the quite 'normal' things that people misunderstand about bf and how it works and who is, or isn't, 'capable' of doing it.

Agree! As i go through each page I keep thinking "if only I knew that when I was breastfeeding DS"

Im glad i found this thread as I feel alot more confident going into breastfeeding knowing I can do it.

I had beyond atrocious advice when I had DS1 and when I wanted support to carry on bf all I got was the brush off and the 'guilt trip' about his health, that looking back later was total bollocks! So I got educated, realised what the 'pitfalls' were, knew where to go for help and second time was such a vastly different experience I might not have thought possible had I not actually done it. LOL

Yes I had my ups and downs and challenges but because I knew it was normal it helped me get through it. I've got another article that I posted a while back entitled breastfeeding booby traps that is worth reading too. It was a real eye opener and only wish I had seen something like it when DS1 was a newborn.

There are some rumours about breastfeeding you shouldn't believe in and worry about. Check them out: http://motherhow.com/breastfeeding-dont-believe...
Sign in to follow this topic