Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breastfeeding till??? Lock Rss

I am curious...

When did you (or your baby) stop breastfeeding?
Did you wean them or did they decide?

If you are still breastfeeding when do you think you might stop?

Cheers grin .
I fed till roughly 11 months.
First time round we both sort of stopped over a couple of months, second time I fed twins and my supply was dropping and they needed more

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

hi Carline. I breastfed my son til he was 9 months. I decided to wean. I had just had enough, still getting up 2-3 times a night for a feed. He is much happier on formula, i dont think i had enough milk for him, as before i couldn't fill him now he is sleeping through and seems more content which is good. Ididn't think i was going to last as long as i did.

Chloe

2 yrs

Hi Toni

I breastfed my son (now 2.5 yrs old) until he was 13.5 months old. I only planned on going until 12 months but I couldn't get him to drink anything else. I'm now breastfeeding my 9.5 month old daughter and will keep doing so until she is 12 months as well, I'm starting to drop her afternoon feed now and give her afternoon tea (yoghurt/fruit etc) instead.

Take care
Jasmine
Hi All, I am currently Breast feeding my 3 1/2 mth old, All is going extremely well, she has always slept through the night and she seems very happy, I dont really have any plans on when to stop, I was thinking when she is 6 mths when she will be on solids but I guess we will cross that path when it gets here. I really love Breast feeding it is the best bond between mummy and baby. Because Sophia sleeps all night, the boobs get rather full early in the morning so I get up and express 200mls which she then has in a bottle at around 6.30 of a night, that routine is working really well and she has no problem at all drinking from a bottle which is good! Good Luck everyone

Kimberley - Tassie - Sophia 08/10/2006

Hi Carline,

My BF experience is similar to lochie's mum in that I weaned when Brayden wasn't getting enough. I started him on formula at six months as he was getting really grisly during the day and be on my boob every hour... and then when he'd go to bed at 7pm and need only one feed in the night... my boobs wouldn't know the difference and would be so full, they'd be sore. I have a few other reasons for weaning... had a rough start with it - bleeding nipples etc and constantly leaked and so didn't really enjoy it... he wasn't sleeping through and once I put him on formula he started sleeping through. Anyway, I went for about 2-3 months longer than I thought I would and am glad he could be breastfed for the first 6 months.

Bye for now!

my bubba is almost 2yrs and 8months
she still has a short suck every 2 or 3 days
hth

mama to one

Hi Carline

I breastfed DD1 till she was 9.5 months old. I had to wean as my supply was very low as I had become pregnant again.

DD2 has just been weaned and she is ten months old. My supply again was not enough for her and I was advised to stop by my CHN. She told me that bubs needed more milk than she was getting.

With both my babies I wanted to feed until 12 months. I am enjoying having my breasts back now though! With my next baby I will be aiming for 12 months again.

Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Sign in to follow this topic