Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Stopped Breastfeeding, when will my period return?

Stopped Breastfeeding, when will my period return? Lock Rss

Hi everyone! I stopped breastfeeding my daughter six weeks ago when she was 4 1/2 months old. When should I expect the return of my period as I haven't had one yet since giving birth. I had some major cramping a few weeks back and could have sworn I'd get it any day, but nothing.
I breastfed my first child until he was 9 months old and my period had returned before I stopped breastfeeding, so I don't know what to expect this time around.
Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lauryn.
Hi - my period returned about 2 months after I stopped breast feeding. I too had some symptoms early but when I did eventually get it - boy did I know about it, so I say dont wish it back too early!!

Mummy to Joe and Maggie

It's hard to say exactly! My first I didn't b/f passed 2mths and I didn't get it back till he was 6mths. With my second I managed to half b/f for 3mths and it came back when she was 9wks. This time I am still half b/f and bub is 9mths and only had a bit of spotting here and there.

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

thanks for everyones experiences. Just thought I'd update you all and let you know that I ended up getting my period, 2 months after stopping breastfeeding. Approx 2 weeks after I was getting symptoms that it was on its way. And it wasn't that bad either, just normal.

Wishing you all luck,

Lauryn.

All I have to say is make the most of the time... my periods came back when bubs was 4 months old even though I was fully breastfeeding him.

They have come back with a vengeance and not having them for over a year... it was definitely a shock to the system... and now AF is all over the place... so I'm not sure when it comes... and so pregnancy scares galore... I have found that I am heaps emotional and cranky a few days out...

Anyway, hope you're not too worried about it.

All the best.

Bye for now.

Sign in to follow this topic