Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Doesn't want boob or bottle

Doesn't want boob or bottle Rss

Has anyone got any ideas what i can do for my 4mth old son who doesn't want my boobs during the day ( will only go on for 1 min, each boob ), but refuses bottle with breast milk / formula as well. Urine very smelly - im guessing he's dehydrated!!! Won't have boiled water either? Any suggestions considering he is so young. Can't get into my lactation consultant for over 2 weeks.

Kelly, NSW, 4mth baby

Hey Tom's mum - I have just come out of exactly the same problem! (refer entry under yours for Help wont wean and wont take breast) - I bit the bullet and introduced solids early because there was no other way of getting fluids down his throat - I just stuffed Zaccy full of fruit gels from the babyfood section of supermarket (just fruit juice/water/gelatine) and yoghurt and pureed apples and mixed them with a little bit rice cereal and formula and spoon fed him. other ideas are syringing boiled water (Zaccy hated water too so i ended up mixing apple & pear juice with water and trying to get him to sip it from a sippy cup - finally found the Tommy Tippee cup with the fold down sipper the best) and he would take one drop at a time but it was all fluid. Yogurts and fruits and stuff count as fluid with Drs and stuff. Good luck.

Emma, 9 month old son Isaac

Sign in to follow this topic