Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. do you think he needs an extra feed?

do you think he needs an extra feed? Lock Rss

Hi all i have a 4.5 month old son, who used to sleep through the night, from 7pm-4am. Then he wakes to have a breast feed at 4am and then sleep until about 7:30am.
Right now he goes to bed at 7pm and wakes again at midnight, then again at 3:30 am and then again at 7am.
He has 150ml of formula after each breast feed and is currently eating 2 solid meals a day.
Do you think he needs an extra feed a day?. Or what could be causing him to be waking so frequently?.
I am stumped. Any help would be mostly appreciated.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Hiya

Bennett is just a few days older than your bub and from 8 weeks was sleeping from 7-7 that was until a coulpe of weeks ago.

Bennett is purely breastfed although we tried some farex last night and he only woke up every 4 hours instead of every 3 hours.

We have been told that it is probably his teeth. Have a feel of your bubs gums if they feel hard could be his teeth are coming through too.

Good luck I'll be thinking of you when I'm up and 12 then 3 then 6 smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Sounds like our situation, too. My son is 4.5 months, too (29.03.04), and has started to wake for an extra feed. I am holding off on solids for a while longer yet, though. I am sure his gums are bothering him, too. My eldest son teethed from four months and had a tooth before 6 months. I hope you at least know you are not alone at midnight, even if that's all the help we can be!

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Stephanie and Nyrrek, at least i'm not alone. Yes his gums are quite hard and he is constantly chewing on his hands or if i try and move his hands away as he sometimes gets a bit carried away and chokes on them he grabs for my hand in lightening quick time and chews on them. So i guess that your right it could be his teeth. I hope that all of our "night owl bubs" return to their normal routine soon. It's getting to the point that my body clock wakes me up about 5 minutes before he does now, i lay in bed and just wait for his call "MUM GET UP!!!, I WANT FOOD NOW!!!!" is what i bet it would translate to. If only they invented baby language translators. I'm sure it would make our lives all that bit easier.
I'll be thinking of you guys tonight at 12, 3 and 6 gasp)
take care.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

Well I thought I would post back here and give you the verdict on the night waking and hand chewing - Connor has cut his first tooth yesterday, at 4 months, 3 weeks. My earliest teether yet. My others were all closer to six months. Today he is back to his happy self and slept almost through last night! Now we just have to wait for the next one!!

no teeth for bennett yet but he only woke up once last night so hopefully his teeth will be here soon smile his ezcema is pretty bad again so that could mean they are close...

Its hard being a mum isn't it smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I know what you mean. My eldest son suffered from ezcema at that age and was terrible during teething - especially in the really hot, humid weather up here. Poor little things. Hope everything improves soon! Good news is that he grew out of it by school age.

Sign in to follow this topic