Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Formula must be used within four weeks?

Formula must be used within four weeks? Rss

Just wonder if formula indeed must be used within four weeks once the can is opened? I bought a tin of S26 Gold but only use it for mixing the rice cereal, because i still breadfeed DS. What if I continue to use it for two months? What is the reason for this "four weeks"?
I dont know why they only give you 4wks to use such a large amount. Such a waste!

I had to use formula a couple of times for Abby, then I went back to breast milk. My community nurse & doctor told me I had to get rid of it after 4wks also.

No one has ever said why!

COME & JOIN US - www.ourretreat.net

I read on this forum once that the 4 week time frame is due to the contents of the tin being exposed to germs and bacteria in the air every time it is opened ( after the air tight seal has been removed ) Maybe?? The freezing idea sounds good, you could freeze the formula in ice cube trays if you only need a small amount or the single sachets make about 240mls of formula and cost about $1 per packet smile

lucky for you guys...a tin of formula lasting more than 4 weeks...lol

thats why i wish i could breastfeed, formula is so expensive and my big boy who is just 4 months goes through a tin in less than a week.

cant wait til he is off the formula.

anyways, if you cant get through a whole tin of formula in the four weeks, which would be a waste considering it costs like $20, they do have sachets like cadygirl said.
Sign in to follow this topic