Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

noisy suck Lock Rss

My DD has been bottle feed since 5 weeks and now is 13 weeks old and she has a noisy suck when she's drinking. I have tried all types of teats/bottles but nothing really makes a difference.Was referred to a speech pathologist from the community health nurse & the speech lady said she has a high palate.Anyone out there who's bub has a noisy suck and know of any differnet teats that help???
I am using an avent teat at the moment no 2 flow as she seems to like it better and feed better on it. When she drinks at her dreamfeed she hardly makes a noise..strange...
Hi Tezza13,

My 3 were all breastfed in the first few months and they were all really noisy, like slurp kind of noises. I never even thought it was a problem, just thought they were noisy. When they went onto the bottle i think they were a bit quiter.

I use the pigeon teats they are really soft and apparently mould to the mouth (but about $6 each - so maybe try one)

Hi karen my daughter is breastfeed and ever since she has been born she has always been a noisy sucker and other times my daughter doesnt make a noise and I use to think that was wired but I think its just my daughter and how she sucks.

I when I ask my doctor about Jaye's sucking and she said its normal for a baby to make noise when having a feed cause they a comfortable and safe in your arms but she never said speech pathologist to me about it.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic