Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding

breastfeeding vs bottlefeeding Lock Rss

i want to know why its okay for a toddler to have a bottle until they are 3 but its disgusting to breastfeed until they are over two.
i still breastfeeding and get comments and looks all the time and everyone tells me its time to stop but reading about when people take away a bottle and its quite old a lot of the time.
whats the difference?
I bf DD(13 months) yesterday at a coffee shop and a woman walking past covered her 2 sons eyes (they looked about 8 & 10) and steered them away. It p****s me off!
I will bf my daughter where ever we are when she is hungry, yesterday was so hot she got an extra feed. There was a woman bottle feeding her toddler two tables away without any reaction
Totally agree with you. although i've been unable to breastfeed this time round when i started i was fully open to do it until he was 2 or so as that's when we are going to start TTC again. in my case though my other 2 boys were always off the bottle between 11-12 months

Posted by: sooka''smum
I bf DD(13 months) yesterday at a coffee shop and a woman walking past covered her 2 sons eyes (they looked about 8 & 10) and steered them away. It p****s me off!
I will bf my daughter where ever we are when she is hungry, yesterday was so hot she got an extra feed. There was a woman bottle feeding her toddler two tables away without any reaction

she probably covered her sons eyes because she did not want them to see your breast. No big deal imo. it's not like she had a go, she just steered them away. your perogative to bf in public and her perogative to cover her boys eyes up.

[Edited on 13/01/2010]
either way they are taking milk for comfort at an age where they dont "need" it so i dont see why one is okay and one is not. opinion is fine but being judged for it is not fair. either way we are trying to keep our kids happy and feel secure and comfortable so i dont see why either one gets picked on.
I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Posted by: 2Cute
i want to know why its okay for a toddler to have a bottle until they are 3 but its disgusting to breastfeed until they are over two

I definitely don't think it's OK for a toddler to have a bottle until they are 3, hell even 2 is bad enough! But that's just MY opinion.

ETA~ I hope MY opinion does not offend anyone as it isn't ment to. If you want your child to have a bottle until they are 10 good luck to you it's your choice It'd just something I don't like for my kids (and I don't really like seeing it but wouldn't pass judgment on someone for it)

[Edited on 13/01/2010]
it doesnt matter to me what anyones opinion is, if they keep it to themself. its when they share it in a rude way that it matters.
Posted by: 2Cute
it doesnt matter to me what anyones opinion is, if they keep it to themself. its when they share it in a rude way that it matters.

Well then I guess if you don't care for them sharing their opinion with you, tell them. If someone is sitting there and rudely throwing their views/opinions at me when it has to with what I am doing with my child then I simply tell them I am really not interested in hearing it so they should save their breath.
Do you know what gets to me when the Professionals say a baby shouldn't have a bottle after 12 months but you should breastfeed for as long as you want.
yes thats my point Cam and Jacks Mum.
either way one is okay and one is not. breastfeeding mums cop it and bottle feeding mums cop it and worst of all, its the mums who put EACH OTHER down the most. its bad enough that midwifes and doctors and random old people etc do it but for us mums to be battling against each other over something that we all make our own decision over, its sad. we are all doing what we think is best for OUR kids so who cares what other people are doing to theirs? we dont like people judging us so why do we do it to everyone else? im so tired of it.
I know exactly what you mean, My DS1 will be 3 in April and still has a bottle at night and to be honest I couldn't care less what others think of it. Just like I couldn't care less if you breastfeed your baby till they are 5, as mothers we should be supporting each other
Sign in to follow this topic