Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

steralising bottles Lock Rss

hi everyone, now that my 8 month old dd is crawling and putting everything in her mouth does this mean i can stop steralising?? please say yes.
Thanks
I stopped with DS when he was almost 9 months when we went camping as it got annoying to do it, he was fine! The only adverse reaction he had that trip was a severe nappy rash after eating sand (you can imagine how it felt coming out!!) I still boiled the water til 12 months though.
Hey.

Ive always said once theyre crawling they're getting loads of germs in their mouths anyway so stopping steralising it fine.
Just wash in really hot soapy water and let air dry.
Still boil the water though.
my son is nearly 4. i was told there is no need to sterlise, again i was told with dd, she is 11m. so i havn't with either of my children.

hi everyone, now that my 8 month old dd is crawling and putting everything in her mouth does this mean i can stop steralising?? please say yes.
Thanks

hi, i have a friend who stopped steralizing her baby's bottles at 6 months old and he was fine.. i have an almost 1 yr old dd and after seeing my friend the other week and she told me this i stopped a few days later.

DD is 13mths & I still steralise. I know I can stop, but it takes 2min in microwave so it isn't a hassle at all.
I stopped sterilising when Lucy was 6 months old. Their immune system is good by this age to stop with the sterilising. I was always paranoid about getting her toys cleaned if they dropped on the floor and also the drinking water but the CHN told me straight tap water is fine as Sydney water is one of the cleanest in the world for drinking. Lucy's also crawling now so I know she's getting the minutest of germs from the floor but she needs some germs. smile
The booklet I got on Formula Feeding says you can stop after 3mths. We will stop sterilising the bottles then, but I think I will keeps sterilising the teats cos I'm a little OCD.
cool

Sign in to follow this topic