Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

tips for bottle feeding Lock Rss

hi everyone, i thought i'd start this thread to give bottle feeders some tips. when i started breastfeeding my DS, i had no clue what to do. sterilise? whats that for? boiled water? huh? so i thought, maybe experienced bottle feeders could provide some advice and support for mums thinking (or newbies) of putting their bundles of joy onto the bottle.

***PLEASE NOTE: THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED FOR DEBATE! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD, PLEASE DONT ADD ANYTHING!!!!!***

my first time saving tip is to make up a large bottle of milk (maybe 500 or 1000mL - depending on what your bub drinks per day). keep it in the fridge until the feed, then just pour straight into the bottle the required amount. it saves time measuring each bottle, then scoops in each bottle.

look forward to reading others tips smile

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Have a few babies bottles on the ready with correct measurement of boiled water on stand-by in the fridge so all you have to do is add formula and heat.
For those annoying times when I overheat my ready-made bottles I have a store of formula iceblocks in the freezer.

Just make up a bottle of formula as normal then tip it into an icecube tray, freeze it and store the cubes in a ziplock bag.

Just pop an iceblock into the bottle to cool it down, or you can even give them to bubs on hot summer days to suck on.

Rachel, WA, Isabella 15/10/05

I totally agree with getting a microwave sterliser (I boiled everything with #1 for a few months before I bought one - boy was I in heaven when I swapped!!)

Tommee Tippee have some great bottles, they have one of those heat strips on them to let you know the temp!!! Unfortunately I had a good supply of bottles left over from #1 so couldn't justify getting them myself but they look like they'd be great.

Aimee

PS. ALWAYS keep the kettle full of ready boiled water!!!
Tania,

THANK YOU!!!!! For saying that the thread is not for debate. I breast feed my baby and I cannot understand all the hostililty between breast and bottle. Threads such as "shut up" and the like make my blood boil.

I bottlle fed my 1st and didn't encounter any negatives at all. People on this forum create most of the issues where there should be none at all.

Every time I read a thread which makes feeding into a debate I want to write in to tell people to shut up and relax but stop myself because then I feel as though I'm adding fuel to something which does not need it.

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

Oh, I forgot to add my tip.

Partially fill your empty bottles with cooled boiled water. When you need to make up a bottle pour boling water into the cool water to the right temp and add formula. No need to heat and if you don't want to wait for the kettle, get a thermos and fill with boiled water every day.

At night take everything into the bedroom, no need to leave!

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

this is a great idea i just got lots of wonderful tips thank you all very much

8)

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic