Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

fussing bf only at night Lock Rss

I know heaps on Breast feeding but does anyone have any ideas why my baby last feed at night he gets himself all into a tanty... has a few sucks and starts crying then sucks and starts screaming.... Its been going on over a week and tonight it went on from 6pm until 9pm where he wanted to feed but just wouldn't stay on.

I had a bath with him and then retried but he got himself into a tiss 5 mins after being in the bath and my husband had to get him. but after i got him dressed he was having a meltdown then he just latched on and had a huge feed.

during the day he feeds every 2 -3 hours and is happy as but just when it gets to night time he won't feed. yesterday he had a feed about 6 and wouldn't have anymore until 5am and at 6 it was only a few sucks?
My DD did this for a while, I used to always feed her to sleep but she just was doing exactly what u described and once I put her into bed she put herself to sleep...is he overtired? Im sure you've already thought of all the possibilites! I dont have an answer but just letting u know my dd was the same for a while but she has stopped now...and it was only her night feed too smile

I know heaps on Breast feeding but does anyone have any ideas why my baby last feed at night he gets himself all into a tanty... has a few sucks and starts crying then sucks and starts screaming.... Its been going on over a week and tonight it went on from 6pm until 9pm where he wanted to feed but just wouldn't stay on.

I had a bath with him and then retried but he got himself into a tiss 5 mins after being in the bath and my husband had to get him. but after i got him dressed he was having a meltdown then he just latched on and had a huge feed.

during the day he feeds every 2 -3 hours and is happy as but just when it gets to night time he won't feed. yesterday he had a feed about 6 and wouldn't have anymore until 5am and at 6 it was only a few sucks?

my dd was like this for a while the only thing that worked for me was she has a favoured feeding side which is my right, when she was ready for bed if i offered her my left breast she would fuss & arch but if i put her on my right side even if she had fed from that side previously & my breast felt quite empty she would settle no probs..at one stage she would only feed from my left breast in the middle of the night,but that has fazed out now & she is happy to have both,there was no ear infection or medical reason that we could find for this she just likes the right better...i'm sure you've tried offering both sides so i'm not much help sorry but i know how you feel!
My DD does this on and off and I think it is due to teething. My niece was also like that when teething too. Though if your DS does at the same feed every night I'm not sure if it would be that..
he has been sleeping most of the day..... and could have got over tired or over stimulated with the older kids.... had to feed him in the dark and in the bed..... You know how it is you dont want to be the only one with a cranky baby.... his dad took him out for a walk and he slepted most of the way until he walked up the path....

thanks girls going to bed now
Love Kellymom <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span> Also checkout the links at the bottom of that page for "cluster feeding +fussy evenings" and "my baby fusses + cries during nursing" Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic