Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. When do u start dropping number of feeds?

When do u start dropping number of feeds? Lock Rss

My DD2 is fully fed, almost six months so will be starting solids soon. My DD1 is now 4 1/2 so can't remember much about the weaning, feeding stage etc. I'm trying to work out when to start childcare, return to work etc so am wondering how long after starting solids do you start to drop the number of breastfeeds? At present DD usually has 5 - 6 feeds a day.

I know when you first start solids you don't drop any as they don't eat much and still need the milk nutrients, but that's all I remember! With DD1 I finished breastfeeding her at 13 months but in the last month or so was down to only one feed a day. I went straight to cows milk from a cup.

Any ideas? What was your experience?
Hi, do you demand feed? I have found with DS that he just feeds when he wants which atm is about every 4 hrs. So he is still on about 5-6 feeds a day, including 10.30pm & early morning. He doesn't seem to want as much though, and is loving solids so I'm just going to let him go for now.

Does she still wake during the night for feeds?

She has one feed overnight, but it can be anywhere from 2am to 6am! How old is your little man, just wondering given he's still having 5-6 feeds a day.
my wee guy just feeds when ever has started on solids but has very little to eat at this stage we are doing the baby led weaning thing so as he hasn't pooped since tuesday i have no idea what is actually goin in... but today so far he has had 6+ feeds i never count them usually about 3 hours apart and i always offer a top up before he goes to bed... he is back in bed about 1.5 hours after waking. smile

She has one feed overnight, but it can be anywhere from 2am to 6am! How old is your little man, just wondering given he's still having 5-6 feeds a day.

That sounds like DS who is now 7 1/2 months. When he was around 6 months he would wake at 2am pretty much every night, then he started sleeping through, then he went through a bad patch of waking 3-4 times, now he wakes around 4-5am for a feed and goes back to sleep until 8-9. Lol he has been all over the shop.

Sign in to follow this topic