Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Quick question about breastfeeding & Nipples!!

Quick question about breastfeeding & Nipples!! Lock Rss

My nipples are abit sore and tender just wondering if its ok to use Paw Paw Ointment on them??
If not what else could i use??
Thanks
I am a big fan of lansinoh cream - natural product - lanolin, can use it before and after feeding.

Available from chemist, in purple tube...

Happy BF!! And Congratulations to you!!
Yes some people do use paw paw ointment. If you can get some Lansinoh (sp) that is fabulous.
Pure lanolin creme is great for sore nipples, your midwife should know wjere to get some.

You can also tonight use some of you milk on them and lay down topless and give them some breathing time.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Thank you grin

ill have to give that a go!

I am a big fan of lansinoh cream - natural product - lanolin, can use it before and after feeding.

Available from chemist, in purple tube...

Happy BF!! And Congratulations to you!!
congratulations smile

i would suggest lansinoh as well... but for tonight jsut use some breast milk and let them air dry....

do you have an announcement post? i just logged on and saw this one smile

if thats all you have use it... wipe it off before he latches... is he latching ok?

don't wear a bra and go topless it will help some or just put something cold on your nipples
Thanks grin Yep have announcement post!

congratulations smile

i would suggest lansinoh as well... but for tonight jsut use some breast milk and let them air dry....

It is all i have but will go get some Lansinoh tomorrow!
He hasnt been latching properly, he is getting better though, midwife came out today and helped me abit, but yeh the last couple of feeds we are doing much better!

if thats all you have use it... wipe it off before he latches... is he latching ok?

don't wear a bra and go topless it will help some or just put something cold on your nipples

I was wondering too! Congrats!!! And Lansinoh is amazing, you can use paw paw but have to wipe it off before you feed bub, but you dont have to worry with Lansinoh smile
Lansinoh is the best, and like the other person commented you don't have to wipe it off before feeding, but for memory its greasy and can stain clothes/bra. Plus get them out in the air as much as possible, just go topless with your bra off as much as you possibly can. To get some air to them to help heal.

My nipples are abit sore and tender just wondering if its ok to use Paw Paw Ointment on them??
If not what else could i use??
Thanks

I used Lucas Pawpaw cream & loved it my midwife suggested it as it is all natural & doesnt have to b wiped off b4 feeding like some others. comes in handy for lots of other things too smile
Congratulations on ur new arrival smile
Lansinoh is great. You can also try using hydrogel pads if your nipples are really sore - you do need to wash them before BF though.
Sign in to follow this topic