Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Anyone with a bottle fed 4 month old??

Anyone with a bottle fed 4 month old?? Lock Rss

Well DS has been bottle fed since birth and he is a fatty lol his birth weight was 9lb12 so we knew he was going to be a hungry bubba but at almost 4 months old he is feeding 3 hourly on the dot without fail and is drinking 210mls of formula (about 250mls after the formula is added to the water) so I guess I'm just wondering if there are any other babies around feeding similar to this? Usually at night he wakes once or twice for a feed which is fine, it just seems like he is drinking heaps, the guide on the formula tin is 4 bottles a day and he is having 7 or 8 grin

I've tried leaving it a little longer between feeds but he goes crazy if he doesn't get his bottle in 3 hours!
Hey
DS2 is almost 4 mths and he is feeding every 3 hrs sometimes 4hrs. He has 180ml which is about 200ml once made up! He has 5-6 bottles a day.
They are just guide lines on the tin and all babies are different so if hes happy id just leave him be!
Or if you want its your choice maybe give him some farex in the mornings, he is 4mths you can introduce small amounts of solids at that age, although some will argue that!

How fast has the time gone, it felt like yesterday i had my lil man sad

Hey
DS2 is almost 4 mths and he is feeding every 3 hrs sometimes 4hrs. He has 180ml which is about 200ml once made up! He has 5-6 bottles a day.
They are just guide lines on the tin and all babies are different so if hes happy id just leave him be!
Or if you want its your choice maybe give him some farex in the mornings, he is 4mths you can introduce small amounts of solids at that age, although some will argue that!

How fast has the time gone, it felt like yesterday i had my lil man sad

Heyy, yes time certainly has gone fast! I feel like I only had DS yesterday but in a way it kind of feels like I've always had him, it's hard to picture life before him <3

Thanks for your reply btw lol I think he is having a growth spurt too all his clothes are looking a little on the small side! We are going to try a bit of farex this week so will see how he goes on that. If he keeps up his efforts with the formula I'm going to have to track down 300ml bottles so I can offer him more as he is drinking the whole bottle grin

Hope all is going well with your little ones smile
My little girl is 17 weeks tomorrow and I've noticed in the last week she is draining 200mls of formula. (she used to only have about 140mls) She was mixed fed, but last night for her 6pm bottle she drained 270mls!!! I've heard that they go through a massive growth spurt at this age but was thinking last night that maybe it might be time for some cereal. At least she only woke once in the night after such a massive feed. I was worried about over feeding her but she knows what she wants and certainly wasnt going to settle without that much milk.
Sign in to follow this topic