Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breastfeeding in public... Rss

Do you think it's inappropriate/inconsiderate to breastfeed in public without a blanket or covering?

I hear a lot of people chanting that it's their right to breastfeed their baby/child but not many people have mentioned that they don't openly pop their boob out in public out of deference for not wanting to make people feel uncomfortable?

Thoughts?
I never used a blanket or covering when feeding in public, but I never "popped my boobs out" either. I was very discreet and no one ever saw anything...
I always used to cover slightly with a wrap.
So if i was in a public place my boob was not flopping everywhere for all to see.
Each to their own though.
I personally would not like to walk past someone about to feed their bubba and see some random boob staring at me, nipple and all!

Do you think it's inappropriate/inconsiderate to breastfeed in public without a blanket or covering?

I hear a lot of people chanting that it's their right to breastfeed their baby/child but not many people have mentioned that they don't openly pop their boob out in public out of deference for not wanting to make people feel uncomfortable?

Thoughts?

I used a blanket to cover when feeding in public due to not wanting the dirty looks and judgement! Breast feeding is the natural use for our boobs so I dont understand why people get so uptight about it! But I kept myself well covered so I didnt upset anyone or bring on an arguement with a stranger (which has happened to me when feeding at a cafe with a blanky covering me!)

I would never judge a mother for feeding their child in a public place with our without a blanket. But I used one because I don't like confrontation and did it to keep the peace.

T x

I generally cover up, but sometimes if I am somewhere like playgroup with other BFing mother's i don't bother.

My DS is always on and off, so I try to cover up around most people.

I just bought a new cover, brand is mini monkey, it is great!!
When I BF I did it anywhere and without a cover.

It is natural and people didnt see anything more than what they would see if I was to wear a bikini or a low cut top.

I always wore tops that pulled up, I didnt like ones that undid and showed all of my breast- unless I had a muslin cloth with me-, That meant for me not wearing dresses while BF.

But I think that BF mother should be able to BF the way they feel comfortable because when it comes down to the nitty gritty of it you are going to see worse things on the media or even walking down the street.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

With my first i used a wrap to cover me and with little man i use a breastfeeding cape. I don't like people staring at me. Plus my fil doesn't know where to look when i BF.
I don't take notice of other BF mothers. I feel alot more comfortable covering up when i'm out.

I never used a blanket or covering when feeding in public, but I never "popped my boobs out" either. I was very discreet and no one ever saw anything...

same
im 40+4 weeks preg with my 1st.
i think i would cover up not cause i care about being judged or nething but i wouldnt want any1 to see my boobs i think i would jst be abit awkward about it as this is my 1st time.
I don't care what other mothers do, i just feel uncomfortable breastfeeding in public. Especially as its early and we sometimes have to reattach.
Its not so easy to be discreet while trying to manipulate a nipple into my DS's mouth tongue
I don't cover up with a blanket or anything, but i don't flop them out either, I generally wear wither a BF singlet and a top over top or a boob tube with an outer top, so I can lift one up and pull the other down, then I really don't need to reveal too much, I find using a blanket,/ wrap too awkward!!
I have a BFing cover that I love, although DS is now 5 months and gets distracted by EVERYTHING, including the inner pattern, and spends most of the feed pulling at the cover or trying to eat it as well as feed roll eyes so like PP said I now wear a top I can lift over a stretchy singlet, pull the top up and singlet down and on he goes. DS prefers it because he can check out what's going on around him while feeding, and although it's not a very effective way to feed its better than nothing!
Sign in to follow this topic