Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Really bad bottle drinker Lock Rss

My DD is 7 months and in the last month has becomne a shocking drinker.... She got bronchiolitis and drank barely nothing and a month on shes still not drinking alot.

Im not stressing because shes a chubba bubba and her nappies are all wet... even though I know all babies are different and the tin of formula is just a guide but i figure she should be drinking around 500ml a day?

She has abour 300ml sad

take yesterday... she had about 200ml all up from a bottle and after from farex, she didnt want her next bottle, she had 60ml from the next one, 30ml from the next and then i gave her a dream feed and she had 100ml

I know she doesnt need a dream feed to sleep though but its the only bottle she doesnt fight with me for lol

She cries, pushes it out with her tounge, wrestles with me....... really annoying for both of us..

should i be worried... shes just cut her first tooth and i know that decreases appetite, though it hasnt with her solids..... but shes been like this for weeks now

My DD is 7 months and in the last month has becomne a shocking drinker.... She got bronchiolitis and drank barely nothing and a month on shes still not drinking alot.

Im not stressing because shes a chubba bubba and her nappies are all wet... even though I know all babies are different and the tin of formula is just a guide but i figure she should be drinking around 500ml a day?

She has abour 300ml sad

take yesterday... she had about 200ml all up from a bottle and after from farex, she didnt want her next bottle, she had 60ml from the next one, 30ml from the next and then i gave her a dream feed and she had 100ml

I know she doesnt need a dream feed to sleep though but its the only bottle she doesnt fight with me for lol

She cries, pushes it out with her tounge, wrestles with me....... really annoying for both of us..

should i be worried... shes just cut her first tooth and i know that decreases appetite, though it hasnt with her solids..... but shes been like this for weeks now

At 7 months my darling son was have 3 meals and 3 bottles a day he would have breckfest then bottle before nap then have lunch then bottle befor arvo nap then dinner then bed time bottle hope that makes sence and hope it helps he went of bottles thats y i did it this way

At 7 months my darling son was have 3 meals and 3 bottles a day he would have breckfest then bottle before nap then have lunch then bottle befor arvo nap then dinner then bed time bottle hope that makes sence and hope it helps he went of bottles thats y i did it this way

thanks for that smile i was actually wondering about going to three bottles, as i was just wrestling evie to get 100ml down lol

so have around 6:30-7:00 then breaky, then lunch and bottle around 6 hours later and so on?? at least hopefully then she will drink 3 good bottles and not need 4-5 to get what she needs
you could try that way i always gave brecfest then a hour or so later he went for a sleep i gave him his bottle then he slept for like 2 hrs half hour later gave him lunch like 11.30 or around then 2 or so hrs later bottle then nap then he would sleep 2 hrs then about 5 or 6 dinner then 7.00 bath then bottle then bed till 8 in the morning

our baby is the same, only shes 5 weeks. sometimes she takes around two hours just to have 100mls. shes great at night time but during the day she just isnt interested at all. weve tried pretty much everything the nurses have suggested to get her to have a full feed, but nothing seems to work. does anyone have any ideas or tips?
Have you tried a faster flowing teat?

My ds could be a shocking feeder too. He did go through one stage that he kept pushing the teat out and getting upset but I switched to a bigger teat and problem solved.

Might be worth a try.

Try not to stress about what the tin says, its only a guide. My ds never kept up with the tin recommendations but he has always been healthy and thriving.

or you could try a sippy cup, milk doesn't have to be from a bottle.
DS never drunk from a bottle went straight to cup and was fine so could be worth a shot.

can anyone recomend a good sippy cup as my DD just chews on hers?? ive tried to give the milk to her in her sippy cup but its not working
Sign in to follow this topic