Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. do I stop breastfeeding?? I don't know what to do..

do I stop breastfeeding?? I don't know what to do.. Lock Rss

my son is 5 months going on 6.. i give him farex in the morning and food at night..
his night feeds are 10pm 2am 5am 7am.. and must the same during the day. he always has both sides and feeds for about 45 minutes. but then alot of the time he wants more..
my partner is away working for weeks at a time and i have a nearly 3 year old...
i hardly have time for her because my son is always on the boob lol
the doctor put me on motilium its increased my supply i can tell....

i cant keep doing what i doing for much longer.. what do i do?

Hi! I understand how you are feeling my now 7month old was feeding constantly and my two year old was not adjusting and having screaming tantrums at me even though I tried making her snacks to sit with me and giving her her baby to pretend feed while I was feeding.

Nothing I did was working, dinner's where getting later, everything was getting put on hold and I came to the conclusion that I wanted to stop breastfeeding. I had become a zombie was not looking after myself, having trouble eating, bathing kids, laundry etc.

My husband works 6 days,including weekends, gone at 10 then home at 9pm. At first I felt like I had quit and was a bit upset, because I knew that if my two year old wasn't so needy of me I would have no problem breastfeeding, but after a week I realised I had done the best thing for my family and for myself:)

In the end you have to do what you want and don't let anyone tell you any different until they have walked a mile in your shoes!

Now I am more happy, both children are happy and we have adjusted into a great routine which works for all of us:)
lovemypigeonpair wrote:
my son is 5 months going on 6.. i give him farex in the morning and food at night..
his night feeds are 10pm 2am 5am 7am.. and must the same during the day. he always has both sides and feeds for about 45 minutes. but then alot of the time he wants more..
my partner is away working for weeks at a time and i have a nearly 3 year old...
i hardly have time for her because my son is always on the boob lol
the doctor put me on motilium its increased my supply i can tell....

i cant keep doing what i doing for much longer.. what do i do?

its pretty rough hey....

You will find that as he kind of gets over the 6 month hurdle his feeds will probably drop on their own. I remember with both of mine there was a big jump feed wise from before 6 months to after 6 months. A big jump as in feeding became shorter and less frequent.

Can you do things with her while feeding such as drawing, playdoh, playschool, reading, craft, painting, duplo etc.
I used to give mine a cardboard box and a crayon......lol
A snack plate at feed time maybe, a doll of her own to feed?
hello , I dont think your bubs is getting enough! maybe?
feeding so much at night time at that age is pretty full on! if bubs is getting enough in the day night time feeds should be less!
have you tried expressing to see how much your making!
you do whats right for you!
45 minutes is a long time for a feed seems like bubs may be trying to get more
you could try some formula for a few nights and just see if it makes a difference with how long bubs sleeps for!

good LUck!
I don't reckon. Those times are pretty spot on in terms of spacing. You could try different positions to see if bubs drinks more effectively, but that was pretty normal for both of my girls. Digestion is pretty quick with bm.....
If bubs comes off restless and still hungry, then there might be an issue, but some babies just take a while to drink. smile
just to clarify.. i meant 5-7 oops..

he's been like this ever since may sooo he would of been 3 months.. since the motilium he's giving me a bit more of a break...

last week i went away with df.. once we got to the hotel i HAD to express (I hadnt fed him for about 7 hours) & within a matter of minutes I expressed a total of 120mls from both breasts... & i had to get up twice in the night to express too.. so much for a full nights sleep:P

I think i'll persist til he's 6 months, see if anything happens.. hopefully it does smile

it's hard though, i'm either feeding him or housework, & trying to play with my dd too.
We need more hours in a day!!

thanks ladies

Sign in to follow this topic