Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. 3.5mth old only had 650mls today is this ok?

3.5mth old only had 650mls today is this ok? Lock Rss

hey my DS has only had 4 bottles today and im huming and hurring whether or not to wake him for another feed. He is very hard to get to feed at this time of the night and it normally ends in a disaster but im worried he might have not had enough and i dont want him to get dehydrated.

he has had
9.30am 190mls
12.30pm 130mls
3.30pm 160mls
6.30pm 170mls

went down to bed around 8/8.30pm, i wish now i had given him a top up before bed but didnt realise how much time had passed until after he was already down.

Do you think he needs another one tonight or should i just let him wake up when he wants it he can go anywhere between 10 and 12 hours at night between feeds often wakes in the morning around 7-9am.

thanks in advance for any advice
hello I would not be waking baby! sometimes we dont eat or drink alot either!
she will make up for it tomorrow!
you really only need to wake premmie Babies!
If he isn't sick and is gaining weight I would be counting your lucky stars you have an easy to manage baby smile I am sure that if he is hungry he will wake up smile

I agree with PP i wouldn't wake DS up for another feed, i find with my DD if i wake her up to do a top up it disturbs her sleep to much. I would let him go he'll wake up when his hungry.
(I wish my DD slept like your DS and she's 5 month's in a couple of day's, your lucky)
dont measure it will make you crazy. If bubs is hungry he will cry, and / or wake.
some days they want more than others, as we do.
thanks guys ill let him sleep, hes only been sleeping this long for last week since he increased his bottles and i am very lucky that he has been doing that, i unfortunately still wake often to check him and my DD and havent gotten use to not getting up during the night yet but i am very thankful that at the moment hes being a good sleeper.

Definitelly hasnt been easy hes been in and out of hospital and not well a few times and dehydrated twice (due to having temperatures, low fluid, urine infection etc) so i get nervous with how much is actually enough for him. Suprisinly being in hospital and unwell has actually made his sleep better and i thought it would do the opposite.

I will let him sleep through and maybe it will make him get up earlier in the morning to fit in more feed tomorrow, last week he was taking 180-200mls 5 times a day so today has been a lot less which is why i thought id get some advice so thank you for your help. I really appreciate the reassurance.

i hope all your bubs are doing well
Sorry to hear your DS hasn't been well and it is normal to wake often to check on them, I still do this will both my children:)

If he has been in and out of the hospital a few times then maybe it is better to wake him now you have said he has been dehydrated and had low fluid and a urine infection. If he is sleeping alot I would maybe just be concerned that he is still unwell and needs to keep up the fluids, even if you keep offering it to him smile
well just as i said to myself i should go to bed i heard a little cry coming through the monitor lol he never wakes up at this time of the night but did tonight so i just gave him a feed and he took 160mls so that good. Atleast since he woke himsef he was willing to drink rather than me having to try and force it in him which is what usually happens if i was to try and feed him at this time of the night.

Now just to get him back to sleep.

Have a good night and thanks for your help
mummymeg wrote:
well just as i said to myself i should go to bed i heard a little cry coming through the monitor lol he never wakes up at this time of the night but did tonight so i just gave him a feed and he took 160mls so that good. Atleast since he woke himsef he was willing to drink rather than me having to try and force it in him which is what usually happens if i was to try and feed him at this time of the night.

Now just to get him back to sleep.

Have a good night and thanks for your help

well sounds like he might be getter better but I am guessing maybe less sleep for you:) take care
Sign in to follow this topic