Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. People who dont like breast feeding should get over it!!!!!!

People who dont like breast feeding should get over it!!!!!! Lock Rss

Im annoyed I just finshed my shopping at New World supermarket belfast were I was approached by a staff to tell me to stop breastfeeding because a customer had complained...what about how I feel and my wee baby who had been upset an d needed feeding..I told him to tell her to get f........ but why was I the one that felt like crap. for doing the best thing I can Im a proud feeder of 4. ages 6,4 2 and 14weeks
No wonder new mums dont want to breast feed people make you feel like its wrong
2babee wrote:
Im annoyed I just finshed my shopping at New World supermarket belfast were I was approached by a staff to tell me to stop breastfeeding because a customer had complained...what about how I feel and my wee baby who had been upset an d needed feeding..I told him to tell her to get f........ but why was I the one that felt like crap. for doing the best thing I can Im a proud feeder of 4. ages 6,4 2 and 14weeks

Im so sorry your had that to deal with- some people can be so so rude AND what he did is actually illegal- it is a basic human right, to breast feed your child ANY WHERE , re :
http://www.hrc.co.nz/hrc_new/hrc/cms/files/docu...

i hope your day improves, what a bad start to the day for you!

I thought what a crap start to the day too
well that goes both ways, hun. not everyone is comfortable with bf. i agree that you need to bf your baby when hungry but maybe be more discrete about it or go somewhere more private.

my dh was at work and a lady with a baby in a sling came up to the counter and he went to serve her she just took her boob out and was trying to latch baby on WHILE MY DH WAS SERVING HER! he felt so uncomfortable. it great that your pround of bf but i do think it should be done in a discrete way that doesn't make other feel uncomfortable.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I didnt know it was illegal to ask someone to not..breast feed cool I'll remeber that
Im not flaunting it you dont see much unless your looking and he's tucked behind my cardi
2babee wrote:
I didnt know it was illegal to ask someone to not..breast feed cool I'll remeber that

It is indeed smile and that is a new zealand page also- just so you know. maybe next time it happens- just pop it in that what they are asking is against the law of the human rights act. some people just dont know, which is sad, but not there fault either.

Sorry you had to experience that.

I've never come across people having a problem with me feeding in public. I've heard others with a few stories like yours but for the most part I think those people that are rude about it are a minority. 'most' people will support you in breast feeding so don't pay any attention to the few nasty ones.

Good old New Zealand...Id love to stake a breast feeding event right outside there shop but it was a customer that wasnt happy he was just trying to keep her happy, with out thinking about how other customers felt
chalys 'n' J wrote:
Sorry you had to experience that.

I've never come across people having a problem with me feeding in public. I've heard others with a few stories like yours but for the most part I think those people that are rude about it are a minority. 'most' people will support you in breast feeding so don't pay any attention to the few nasty ones.

+1

Thanks, Im not stressed like I said I pretty much told him she could get .... and carried on shopping by that staged my wee man had stopped feeding and was happy looking around..left me very annoyed though
There are too many self absorbed people out there
Sign in to follow this topic