Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Breast Pads? Lock Rss

Hi,

I am just wondering what breast pad brand worked well and was comfortable for you and how long you needed them for? Would you recommend disposables or cloth?

Thanks in advance smile
Hi

I started off with cloth pads which I really wanted to work however gave up after a month as couldn't find any which didn't leak. I tried several brands and doubled them up but I couldn't deal with the stress of always leaking milk through my clothes in inconvenient places (ie shopping mall, friends house). I swapped to disposable ones and never had a problem since. I've used multiple brands all of which have been fine (usually get rite aid as they're at woollies and often on sale). Originally I went through multiple pads a day however over time I leaked less milk until at ~5 months I was using them more as an insurance against leaking. Probably stopped using them altogether around 8 months as never leaked milk at all. Still occasionally breastfeeding my now toddler although slowly weaning.
I only used disposable ones tried a few samples but liked the johnsons ones the best. If you are wanting to try the reusable ones looks for ones with a PUL layer and they shouldn't leak through

I use avent cloth and think they are fantastic and very comfortable. They hold their shape and still look good after countless times through the wash.
I like the Johnsons disposable for their shape the best. Under clothes it doesnt look weird and has a nice indent where the nipple goes. As someone with large breasts & oversupply/engorgement, I found they didn't cover enough of my breast. This led to my breast being mishapen when I was really full, huge lumps where the pad didn't cover.

Avent disposable are larger in breast coverage, which was great, but the design creates a line in your clothes. i also found the day ones tended to need changing more often.

I also tried the avent cloth reusable pads. Handy and saves money, but I think I prefer the disposable. The cloth ones tend to stick to the nipple and can be painful moving/changing them.

Only other ones available near me are medela and pigeon disposable, so will try them next.
Sign in to follow this topic