Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

breastfeeding 18 month old Lock Rss

I am sick of getting disapproving looks from others while I breastfeed my 18 month old
Please ignore them. Take care of you and your baby's health. Breastfeeding your baby until 2 years is good,as it is a good source of energy and nutrition for your baby. It also protects your baby from diseases.
Forget about others! My first was only 12 mths and looked 24 mths..... I got the looks to and this was 14 yrs ago when there was no support for breastfeeding mums. It wasn't discussed in society like it is today.

What matters in life is you and your family!
Agreed! Never mind others.

My baby is now 14 months old. I keep on hearing I should stop bf'ng her. Oh well mind their own business.

smile

There comes a time when you just breastfeed at home where no-one can see you because really seeing a great big child getting breastfed can be a little confronting to people who've never been there. I am still breastfeeding my 3 year old but it's definitely only in the privacy of my bedroom where no-one can see!! In a perfect world everyone would be tolerant but I understand (having been one of those who felt a little repulsed by seeing toddlers being breastfed in my former life) that reality is different. So, I think that either you just ignore people and do what you want, or if you find you care too much what they think, then you begin to just do it privately.
Agree with the above. I still breastfeed my nearly 2 year old but mostly only in the privacy of my own home. I'll occasionally break that rule if he's distraught after an accident or something as if his need is great then I'll feed him anywhere but for the most part he only has milk at night and in bed. To be honest I don't care much about what people think but I think he's at an age where setting some boundaries around feeding is a good thing as it encourages his to eat solids (he'd still be almost exclusively breastfed if he had his way!)
Sign in to follow this topic