Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

formula cold? Rss

I was just wondering if I can give my little boy his formula cold? As I live in queensland and the last few days have been fairly hot. I know the last thing I would want to be drinking is a warm drink! Any suggestions? The tin dosent say anything about it.

Mummy to 3 Boys

Hi Meli

Refering to Baby Love by Robin Barker. She says giving baby formula cold is not at all harmful. I have given my 8 month old daughter cold formula on quite a few occasions when out and unable to heat it and she drinks it with no problems. Your son may even enjoy it being cold as you are in QLD and it is fairly hot. If you don't want to give it to him really cold, maybe just stand it in warm water to take the chill off, but not enough to warm it or if you wait for the kettle to cool down to room temperature, then make the bottle up with the room temperature water, so that its not really cold nor hot.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Thanks Julie,
I have done it a few times in the morning with his brekkie in a cup but I wasn't to sure if I should be!
It helps alot knowing Im not hurting him! It's been so yukky and sticky yesterday I gave him a warm bottle and he broke out into a sweat the poor little thing!! Thank you it helps alot! Thanks for the other reply too I had given up on that one, I would of deleted it if I knew how! Good timing!
Thanks
Meli

Mummy to 3 Boys

i give my 8 month old cold bottles all the time.
there is nothing worse being out some where being unable to warm it ,so from day 1 have given my boy cold bottles(room temp )so dont be to worried
Sign in to follow this topic